Discover Neamț County, Romania – Bicazului Gorges, Cuejdel Lake, Piatra Neamț city …
Ceahlău mountains with an altitude of 1907 m on top of Ocolașul Mare is a treasure of beautiful mountain scenery. The tourist routes will that take to the scenic Dochia Chalet, offers spectacular views to the tourist resort Durău and Bicaz city.
Within the massive was established National Nature Reserve, “Parcul Ceahlău” where there are several species of protected plants and animals.
The Gorge National Park – Hăşmaş, lies partly in the county of Neamț and here you can admire a beautifull, wild scenery. A spectacularly road runs the mountain to link Gheorghieni and Bicaz.
4 km upstream from Bicaz, the road passes Bicaz dam and Lake Bicaz.
Cuejdel Lake is a natural dam lake with landscape just like the Red Lake with trunks rising from the depths to the surface of the lake. In the area of this lake there are some tourist facilities.
Monuments in Neamt county:
Family Home of Alexandru Vlahuță from Agapia is where the famous writer spent his summers with friends. Furniture, paintings, and manuscripts are exhibited here.
Neamt Fortress was built by Petru I Musat at Targu Neamt. The fortress was restored between 2007 and 2009. Each year the festival ” Zilele Cetății Neamț (the days of fortress)” is held here.
Monasteries: Neamț, Secu, Văratec, Agapia and Petru Vodă are true religious art treasures.
Piatra Neamț city is particularly nice showing several tourist attractions:
– Historic center with Medieval Royal Court complex built by Ștefan cel Mare (Stephen the Great) in the period of 1468-1475.
– Ethnographic Museum
– Cucuteni Eneolithic Art Museum
– Wooden little churches
– Wooden synagogue “Baal Shem Tov”, unique in Europe
– Gondola that takes you up the hill Cozla where you can admire the panoramic view. The area is very good for hiking and skiing in the winter.
– Family Home of Calistrat Hogaş also located on Mount Cozla.