Get Cultural in Stockholm
1. Tom Tits Experiment is an entertainment complex for all ages, a place where you can develop your knowledge and creativity. The nucleus is a science centre with over 600 experiments covering many science fields. The events take place inside or in the garden opened in summer time. Beside science world you will find here a restaurant, a café, a picnic room and a shop.
2. Rålambshovsparken on Kungsholmen, nicknamed“Rålis” is a popular recreation place where especialy young people come for sport activities such as: soccer, boules, beach volleyball, brännboll, aerobics session, swimming or just to meet their friends. Those less pasionate of sports performance can walk on one of many walking routes or stay with their friends in one of the cafes or resturants in the park. Cultural events, such are theatre shows also take place here.
3. As Stockholm is a city placed on 14 islands, a boat sightseeing is the best way to see the city and its 57 bridges that connect the different islands.
4. Långholmen is a former prison island transformed in an entertainment area with picnic spots, beaches, swimming facilities, open-air stages, a garden and nice buildings. The old prison is now a hostel and museum. From the East side of the island visitors can admire Riddarfjärden and Gamla Stan. One of the oldest shipyards of the city is also located here.
5. After you saw Stockholm in a boat sightseeing, get another city perspective from the Sky View. The system consisting in two glass gondolas transports visitors to 130 m above sea level, on the top of Ericsson Globe – the largest building in spherical shape in the world. You can buy souvenirs in the special shop and can relax for a while in the restaurant or in the café.
6. Find out more about Swedish architecture and construction, by visiting the Swedish Centre for Architecture and Design. Drawings, models, design dating from 19th century up to nowadays are exhibited here and activities to develop the children creativity are available on Sundays. A bookstore, a library, interesting collections and a café complete the touristic offer of this place.
7. The life and work in Sweden since 1500s up to now are presented by Nordic Museum in valuable exhibitions of folk art, furniture, textiles jewelry. The museum gathers over 1.5 million exhibits including buildings, documents and pictures.
8. Drottningholm Palace is one of the three Stockholm world Heritage sites and the residence of Swedish royal family. Culture lovers will be delighted to visit its wonderful salons dating from seventeenth, eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, the palace theatre and the Chinese pavilion or to walk in its beautiful park.