1. A real paradise for art lovers, Prado Museum, houses a huge number of works of art. Besides over 7000 paintings, 1000 sculptures and over 8000 drawings it includes other types of art objects and valuable historic documents. The museum do not exhibits all this treasures because of lack of space. A lot of famous works originating of Italian, Spanish, German and Flemish schools can be admired here. The best represented artist is Francisco Goya and the Italian masters’ collection is the most representative outside Italy.
2. After you visited Prado Museum you can walk on the alleys of Buen Retiro Park to take a fresh- air breath. In fact, this is a complex site where you can admire the nice floral arrangements, the sculptures and the monuments. Two lakes color the landscape. The area hosts also galleries, cultural events such as puppets shows and many sport courts and playgrounds. Other kinds of entertainments are also available: rowboats, horse – drawn carriages
3. Part of Royal Palace of Madrid, Sabatini Gardens could be visited since 1978. Its style is Neoclassic dominated by symmetry. The garden is featured with a pool, statues of Spanish kings and fountains.
4. Built of glass and steel Palacio de Cristal was initially designated for a greenhouse. It is placed in Buen Retiro Park. When you walk in the park go here to visit one of the exhibitions housed here.
5. A huge number of plants and trees from five continents expect visitors at Real Jardin Botanico de Madrid. Specificity is given by the large variety of wild roses, the numerous plants originating from South America and Philippines and a consistent herbarium. People come here to relax and take lunch in very nice atmosphere. It is opened all the year round and is one of the most visited sites of Madrid.
6. There is no better way to get to know a city than walking. When you travel to Madrid go to Plaza Mayor, admire its buildings and feel the thrill of happy or sad events that took places here over time. In the area you find cafes and traditional shops.
7. The official residence of Spanish kings, Palacio Real, is used in present for official events. The art is everywhere in this wonderful palace from the construction materials, rooms decorations or the priceless collections of porcelain, furniture, watches, paintings and silverware. Culture lovers will be happy visiting the several rooms opened to public.
Wine tasting – reserve a day of your holiday to visit the wine Madrid region. Make a new Spanish experience tasting good wine and enjoying a traditional lunch in a Spanish winery.