Autumn Journey in Berlin
1 Charlottenburg Gardens is the perfect place for a romantic walk after you have visited the famous palace built by the first Prussian king Friedrich I for his wife Queen Sophie – Charlotte.
2. Located in wonderful landscaped garden area, Berlin Zoo -Zoologischer Garten & Aquarium is the most famous in Europe. It is not only a zoo, but a complex entertainment area with picnic spots. Many rare and endangered species are hosted here. The Aquarium is an attractive alternative for rainy days.
3. New and traditional stores, modern shopping malls luxury shops of famous designers, small handicraft manufactures or antiques market, make from Berlin a real paradise for a shopping tour. Kurfürstendamm Boulevard is an elegant strolling and shopping area.
4. Get a real feel on the past century political events by visiting Gedenkstätte Berliner Mauer (Berlin Wall Memorial). It consists in the Memorial to the Victims of the Wall, a Documentation Centre and the Chapel of Reconciliation.
5. Feel like a star singing with the crowds that gather every Sunday afternoon in the Mauer Park amphitheatre at “Bearpit Karaoke Show“. Another locals and tourists event that takes place in the park every Sunday is Flohmarkt am Mauerpark (German for Mauerpark Flea Market).
6. Enlarge your cultural horizon visiting Museum Island the most significant exhibition centre of Berlin. Altes Museum(Old Museum), Neues Museum(New Museum), Bode Museum, Pergamon Museum and Alte Nationalgalerie (Old National Gallery) present over 6000 years of history of culture.
7. Spend a quiet day in Grunewald Forest. Explore the woods by foot, bicycle or horse ride and enjoy a picnic in a natural area. If it is a hot summer day you can refresh yourself in the waters of one of its many lakes.
8. Admire the specific architecture of the city in Gendarmenmarkt, one of the most astonishing square of Berlin.